Hamile is located in the extreme North West corner of the Upper West Region of Ghana and is bordered to the north by Burkina Faso. The people of the parish are mainly engaged in subsistent agriculture. Bishop Paul BEMILE of WA diocese saw the crying need of the youth for education in Lambussi district and hunting for congregations to quench their thirst.
Sisters Rojamani, Mary Chacko and Ditty from India responded to this call and left their country on November 22nd 2008 for Ghana. It is a gift of our Bicentenary Year celebrations. The Holy Family Senior High school was inaugurated on January 7th 2009. The inauguration was officiated by the Most Rev. Dr. Paul Bemile, Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Wa. The Regional Director Mr. Cletus Paga is the special guest of the honor.
- To make education accessible to all without discrimination towards the integral human development
- Through secondary education, provide a safe environment to enable the youth to discover their hidden talents and make them productive citizens to their country.
- To empower the youth and promote fuller life by providing integral education at all relevant levels.
- Formation of youth, imparting the Gospel values by adopting holistic approach.
- New Class room blocks through the benevolence of generous and sensitive people our School Holy Family is able to slowly procure infra structure which is facilitating conducive environment for their learning.
- We are really proud to have our own teachers in good number who handle various subjects
- And our strength has increased as years pass by.
Twinning program between Holy Family Hamile and St. Joseph Institute, Miribel in October – November 2013
Thank you for all those who support this mission in Ghana. You are most welcome to support HOLY FAMILY SCHOOL which is catering for the poor, neglected and deprived youth of HAMILE through Education Ministry.