Our mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Lyon calls us to promote
the most perfect Unity and Love of God
among ourselves and toward “every kind of neighbor”,
without distinction, as it is stated at the time of our foundation.
In collaboration with others,
we strive to meet the needs of the time,
working to change structures of oppression and
seeking justice for all.
During the last General Chapter, we committed ourselves on several points to
be rooted in Christ, with compassion and creativity, for the life of the world.
- Return to the sources to deepen the mystical and prophetic dimensions of our spirituality and allow ourselves to be seized by the charism.
- Reexamine our community life, to discover new ways of being community, which nourish the contemplative aspect of our lives and promote greater communion.
- Go to the peripheries, not only in our mission but in the whole of our lives, with courage and passion
- Care for Our Common Home (cf. Laudato Si), compelled by the urgency for interdependence between human beings, society, the environment and all of creation
- Deepen our common mission with the laity, discerning together the needs of our time and our responses
- Be creative in living the international and intercultural dimension of our Congregation, and impassioned by the Culture of Encounter (Pope Francis) in all aspects of our lives
With God’s grace, may we contribute as « weak instruments » to the building of a new world… Constitutions N° 62
We live these orientations in various apostolates:
- Formal and informal education,
- Social services as professionals and volunteers,
- Church services and spiritual direction,
- Various presences among people in migration.
« The Spirit gathers us within the Church,
as an international apostolic Congregation,
an expression of universality,
in which our very differences become riches for the sake of the Kingdom. » (Constitutions N° 70)
Belonging to an international congregation calls us to recognize the values of others and engages us in mutual support.